Homebuyers in Greenopolis project seek Haryana govt’s mediation

The town & country planning department of Haryana had sanctioned the 28-tower project in sector 89 of Gurugram in 2011 with the deadline to handover possession of flats by 2015

Greenopolice Gurugram

Gurugram (Haryana): Over 800 homebuyers of the 28-tower Greenopolis project of the Oriss Infrastructure Private Limited (OIPL) have sought an appointment with the director general of town and country planning, Haryana, TL Satyaprakash, to resolve the issues that delayed the possession of their property despite making full payments to the builders.

The Oriss Greenopolis Welfare Association president RK Arora alleged that the flat buyers had been staging protests and meeting the concerned officials for the past many years, but workable solution continued to elude. “We are caught in the fight between the partners of the project, OILP and the Three C Settlers Pvt Ltd,” said Arora.

Also Read: Tashee Capital Gateway homebuyers protest for construction delay

As per the agreement between the two builders, Three C Settlers Pvt Ltd was assigned the task to build around 1810 flats in the project in sector 89 of Gurugram and handover 35% of the flats to OIPL and retain the rest 65% with it in lieu of the construction. The town and country planning department of Haryana had sanctioned the project in 2011 and offered license the OILP to begin work. In the first phase, 21 towers were to be completed and the rest towers to be finished in two other phases by 2015.

Accordingly, the Three C Settlers Pvt Ltd had raised around ₹612 crore from the prospective homebuyers and transferred most of the amount to other projects. As a result, it did not have the sufficient fund to continue on the Greenopolice project and went in to insolvency. The matter went to the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), which on May 26 appointed the Interim Resolution Professional (IRP) to accept the claims of homebuyers in Three C Settlers share in four weeks and physical verification of the documents to settle the matter.

Also Read: Central panel looks for ways to resolve legacy halted home projects

However, the Oriss Greenopolis Welfare Association contested the NCLT order and sought more time for the physical verification of the claims and documents. The tribunal later extended the duration for claims to seven weeks. Accordingly the IRP Pradip Kumar Kaushik extended the time for presenting claims from July 20.

Reports said that around 750 homebuyers had submitted their claims and related documents to get possession of their flats in the Three C Settlers’ share of the project. “The IRP had conducted physical verification of the documents and found the claims of around 350 people genuine. Rest of the flatbuyers have been told to submitted their documents in support of their claims,” said an official attached with the IRP.

Also Read: Ambience starts offering possession of high-end houses in Noida

However, the association is not contented with the NCLT process, claiming that those who sought to buy flats in the OILP were also suffering without any fault. “Hence, we have decided to meet the director general of town and country planning department,” said an association functionary.

“I am one of the unfortunate buyers of the Greenopolis project. Almost 90% of the money for my flat was paid in 2015. Since then, I have been waiting for the possession of my flat, while I have to pay the EMI for the home loan every month”, said Vinay Bhasin, a homebuyer.

Also Read: Galaxy group to invest ₹1,000-cr in Lodhi Road’s residential project

They further demanded that the construction work on the site should not be slowed down and the workforce should be moved to phases 2 and 3 so that their units become ready for handover. Anupama Agarwal, another homebuyer, said that they invested their hard-earned money in the project 10 years ago. “My husband is retiring in a year and we are clueless about where to go as we cannot afford to buy another flat,” she said.

Previous articleGo First, Jet Airways lose their airline codes amid revival hopes
Next articleGuwahati bound flybig passengers left stranded at Patna airport


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here